Article provided by aging.com
The benefits of having a home caregiver are numerous. Apart from the obvious fact that you will have a professional looking for your health and personal care in your own home, you will also have the peace of mind that you are not alone.
If you are thinking of hiring a care worker but are still undecided, here are some associated benefits that can help you make the right choice:
- Home Care is Very Affordable: This is one of the biggest deterrents to in-home care today; people think it is an expensive option. The truth of the matter is that hiring a home care worker costs a lot less per hour than it does to commit yourself to a nursing home.
- It Offers You Personalized, One on One Care: When you hire a home care worker, you will be hiring their full attention; at least when they are in your home. They will shower you with their complete care and attention during their working hours. This tends to be critical when dealing with age-related illnesses and recovery.
- You Get to Keep Your Independence: With in-home care, you will be living right at home. This allows you to keep your independence which will, in turn, boost your confidence and comfort. These are all qualities that create a conducive environment for recovery and happiness.
- Keeps You Close to Your Family: In many cases, ideal nursing homes may be in far off locations (sometimes even in entirely different states). This makes it difficult for the family to visit as often as they would like. Having a home caregiver ensures that you are not uprooted and taken away from your beloved family members.
- Reduces the Risk of Infection: By receiving your care at home, you will be isolated from facilities that house other recovering patients where you run a higher risk of infection. Additionally, hiring a Home Health Aide or a Registered Nurse greatly reduces the chances that an infection or the symptoms of an age-related illness may go unnoticed.
- You Receive A Wide Range of Services: An in-home care worker provides you with more than just the typical personal care services. They also help around the home, run errands, prepare meals and provide much-needed
Of all these benefits, the one that stands out is that an in-home care worker will provide you and your family much needed peace of mind. Just knowing that there is a trained, qualified, and certified individual providing you with the necessary care in the comfort of your own home is a load off the minds of your loving family members. It’s pretty good for you too.
Serenity Home Care in Ann Arbor is here to answer any questions you may have.